A. The Problem and The Pitch
How do you communicate at work? Do you use Loom?
Or do you find yourself writing a lot of emails, Slack messages, and texts? 📨 😫
The ability to write effectively is essential for professionals, especially knowledge workers. Although keyboards have become our primary enabler of communication, the craft of writing has remained fundamentally the same for decades. You:
💡 Think about what you want to say
🗃️ Plan how you're going to say it, and then..
⌨️ Type it out letter-by-letter
What if you had a personal assistant to help you draft messages basis your inputs? 🔮
You could save a significant part of the 2.5+ hours a day spent on reading and answering emails. (Source: HBR) This will surely empower you to be more productive in your everyday work.
🪄 Enter Flowrite 🪄
A writing tool that turns your thoughts to text faster than ever. In practice, you instruct Flowrite with a couple of bullets, select a template to guide the AI, and then watch it generate a ready-to-send email or a message for you – powered by GPT-3.
It is an AI-powered productivity tool that adapts to your daily tasks and personal style to create ready-to-send emails, messages and more. Here are the three steps:
Step 1: 📝 Write your inputs in the form of bullet points
Step 2: ✅ Choose the type of message you want to write (e.g., request for introduction, reminder, project update, influencer outreach etc.)
Step 3: 🏖️ Sit back & relax as Flowrite converts your short bullet points to a ready-to-send email
You can currently use their beta both in a web app as well as on Gmail with the Chrome extension.
B. What's special?
- 🤯 Generate drafts in one click: Using Flowrite's wide range of templates, you can convert your bullet points into a full fledged response to a mail. And Flowrite also takes the previous conversation and context into account while 'writing' the response for you. You can then choose to edit the message as you like.
- 🎙️ Personalized tone and length: You can set your own tone, templates, and length of content to make the message sound more like you. And it also takes care of the formatting, spelling, and grammar!
- 💪 Adaptive: You can share feedback to every generation to improve Flowrite and tailor it to your needs. In about 2 clicks!
- 🚀 Just getting started: Today, Flowrite is browser-based and integrates with web email. It only works in Chrome and Gmail but they're planning to expand integrations — such as for messaging apps like Slack. (Source)
C. What's more?
- 🤔 Limitations: It is currently focused on the English language
- 🌟 Ideal use-cases: "Typically replies where there’s some kind of existing context that you are responding to. And also for outreaches — things like pitches and proposals" (Source)
- 🤖 Other GPT-3 tools:
- 📧 Here are a few other email productivity tools:
- Hunter: Find and verify professional email addresses online.
- YAMM: Mass emailing tool for Gmail
- Sanebox: Prioritize and categorize your emails
- Aiko: Smart email
- 🌆 Why now? The release of the GPT-3 AI in June 2020 made this possible.
The idea for Flowrite came when the duo discovered the capabilities of OpenAI’s generative language model GPT-3, which enabled them to start to build a writing tool that they had always wanted for themselves. One that would generate a complete email, message, or post instead of just helping make your own writing better.
He (Aaro, CEO of Flowrite) further mentions that “Building a product like Flowrite before powerful language models existed would have been extremely time- and resource-intensive. When GPT-3 was launched, we felt that we could use it as the backbone of the product while also building our proprietary technology on top of it. (Source)
D. What's next?
Liked this? Sign-up to get the full list of apps:
Want more? Share this on Twitter to receive a complete guide on how to use some of these apps together for a powerful workflow ⚡