A. The Problem and The Pitch
Do you feel satisfied after a day of work?
Or do you feel you were distracted? 🤔 Or burned out? 😮💨
There is a simple 3-step process for getting the best out of your work week:
🗓️ Plan ahead
✅ Do a single task at a time
📝 Review your week
Straight out of the 'what get's measured, gets managed' playbook.
For this, you need a better insight into how you ACTUALLY spend your time.
But as Rahul Vohra, co-founder of Superhuman, puts it:
Do you know how you spend your time? Most people don't. Yes, you have a calendar. But calendars are poor reflections of reality. Urgent tasks require our attention; important work may not even be on our calendars.
So, how does Rahul Vohra do it?
Now, what if you had a solution to do all this for you?
And make sense of the insights? 🤯
That's Rize ♥️
Time is your most valuable asset.
Rize helps you understand how you spend it so you can be more efficient & continually improve.
All this is good. But your natural question might be:
How can this provide me with tangible benefits?
Here are just a handful:
⌛ Get back time
- Find your invisible inhibitors → Tasks that break your flow, but you don't know about it. For me, this was reading newsletters and scrolling through Twitter after Zoom calls.
- Gauge your visible time sinks → Tasks that you know are bad for your flow. But not how bad! For me, this was my time spent checking messages on Slack and Googling for quick questions like time zone conversions. Now I do it on Raycast.
🙅 Avoid Burnout
- Leave behind multitasking → Rize will show you how context switching affects your daily performance.
- Avoid overworking → Taking frequent break doesn't come naturally to most of us. That's something the Pomodoro technique talks about.
😌 Feel Happy
- Sense of achievement → There's a lot to tell us what we haven't done through the week like our pending to do list and unread messages. We absolutely deserve a pat on the back for what we HAVE done 🎉
- Effective weekly review → Even doing a quick review of the past week's activities can tell us 2-3 things that could be improved the next time. E.g., you can start time blocking tasks. Pick 1 priority task and block out 1-3 hours to work.
Get deep work done with Rize
B. What's special?
#1 🦸 Super EA-like tracking: Rize automatically tracks and categorizes your work activity in real-time. Understand how your time is spent, how to reclaim focus time, and how to optimize breaks and meetings
#2 📊 One level deeper and adaptive: Rize provides a daily score with in-depth metrics so you can quantify and track your focus. And you don't need to look at this everyday. You can do a quick review at the end of the week. It took me just 2 weeks to make a few big changes!
#3 👋 Proactive to help out: Study after study shows that taking frequent breaks improves your productivity. Rize analyzes your work activity and notifies you when to take a break at the right time. Rize will also alert you after working a set number of hours to avoid overworking and prevent burnout.
It has received great feedback 🥰
C. What's more?
- 🤗 Trouble sleeping? Burnout is more than a mental and physical breakdown. Early signs include needing coffee to function, lower energy levels, and sighing more than usual. Does it sound familiar? It’s also predictable in 10 questions 👉 Journify
- 📘 If you liked this piece, you might like Make Time, a book rethinking the defaults of constant busyness and distraction so you can focus on what matters every day.
- 📱 If you need a pretty basic time keeper for your Android phone, here's YourHour.
- 💁 Other apps in the time tracking space are Toggl and RescueTime.
- 🙀 And yes, cat's are afraid of cucumbers. Don't experiment this though.
D. What's next?
Liked this? Sign-up to get the full list of apps:
Want more? Share this on Twitter to receive a complete guide on how to use some of these apps together for a powerful workflow ⚡